Larnaka International Airport
Larnaka International Airport is operated by Hermes Airports Ltd and is one of the two international airports of the Republic of Cyprus. The new terminal facilities opened in 2009 and are currently servicing over 5 million passengers per annum. The terminal facilities are fully accessible and offer a wide array of services, such as:
• Designated Points of Arrival / Calling Points, where disabled persons & persons with reduced mobility may
announce their arrival at the airport.
• Designated Parking Stalls for disabled persons who are holders of a “Blue Parking Card”.
• Special Assistance Desk.
• Fully Accessible Unisex Toilet Facilities.
• Priority Seating in various areas of the terminal.
• Power Charging Stations for electric-powered wheelchairs.
Larnaka Airport was "highly commended" at the 12th Annual ACI Europe Best Airport Awards 2016, Accessible Airport Award, ”for the positive travelling experience it gives to people with disabilities as well as for its great efforts to comply with accessibility standards”.
As per EU Reg. 1107/2006 on "The Rights of Disabled Persons & Persons with Reduced Mobility when traveling by Air", disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility needing "special assistance" at the airport are obliged to notify their Air Carrier/Agent/Tour Operator of the need and type of special assistance required at the time of booking of the airline ticket, or at least 48 hours before the published departure time of the flight. The air carrier will in turn inform the Special Assistance Services Provider at Larnaka International Airport of your particular needs.